Allama Talib Johri passes away at 81
KARACHI – Pakistan’s well-respected and known Shia scholar Allama Talib Jauhari passed away at a private hospital in Sindh capital city on Sunday night, his son confirmed.
The 81-year-old had been on the ventilator in the ICU after suffering from cardiovascular complications for the past few days.
Johri, who is survived by three sons, was born in Patna, India on August 27, 1938. He was a poet and orator, who had been awarded the Sitara-e-Imtiaz.
His funeral prayers will be held at the Ancholi Imambargah after Zuhr prayers today (Monday) and he will be buried in the Wadi-e-Hussain graveyard.
- Outgoing Chinese ambassador calls on Pakistan Army chief11:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 56 Indian fishermen for trespassing Pakistani waters11:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 'Success' for Pakistan as ICSID stays over $6b fine in Reko Diq case11:08 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder10:46 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani Rupee strengthens against dollar10:22 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Khalilur Rehman Qamar in hot waters over his stance on feminism once ...04:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai, Beyoncé and others to feature in a film on global ...02:57 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Rana Khan is not interested in meeting Turkish actor Cavit ...02:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020