Coronavirus: Pakistan halts all international passenger flights for 2 weeks
Diplomats, special/cargo exempted from suspension till April 4, but everybody will be screened for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – The Aviation Division on Saturday announced to suspend operation of all international passenger, chartered and private flights to Pakistan from March 21 (2000 hrs PST ) to April 4 (2000 hrs PST ), keeping in view the evolving situation in the country due to the coronavirus disease (COVID).
"This is a temporary suspension imposed due to exceptional circumstances. Upon resumption of international passenger, chartered and private flights to Pakistan, RT-PCR test certification from points of origin will not be mandatory," a spokesman for the Aviation Division said in a press release.
"Diplomats and special/cargo aircraft are exempted from the conditions above. However, they will be subjected to appropriate health screenings on arrival. They can also be isolated/quarantined as per advice of health professionals," he said.
Coronavirus outbreak: Pakistan Railways suspends ... 05:32 PM | 21 Mar, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed Saturday announced to suspend 42 trains by April 1 as a ...
The spokesman said the government was fully committed to ensuring the safety and security of its people, adding "the COVID-19 is a global challenge entailing a global response.
Individual responsibility is critical for collective security. Your safety lies in keeping others safe." He said the World Health Organization (WHO) had declared the COVID-19 a pandemic with most of the countries reporting the COVID-19 cases.
The spokesman said the government was making all-out efforts to deal with a rapidly evolving situation, which was a challenge, not only for Pakistan but for the whole world. "Proactive, comprehensive and coordinated steps continue to be taken to curtail the spread of COVID-19, with a view to ensuring safety and security of our nationals and people traveling to and from Pakistan."As the situation evolved, he said, the government continued to review the measures and arrangements in place, including the WHO recommendations to keep the countrymen safe.
- Three soldiers dead, 5 freedom fighters martyred in Indian-Controlled ...11:46 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- 'Lockdown causing Rs1 billion rupees losses to railway system in ...10:09 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Turkey exempts young workers from confinement order07:27 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Chicken prices fall due to coronavirus crisis07:22 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston gifts coronavirus-positive nurse a $10,000 ...04:28 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Nadia Jamil is in good health after her breast cancer surgery04:08 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
- American singer Pink reveals she tested positive for coronavirus03:59 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019