13 dead as Russia strike hits Syria field hospital
"Thirteen people were killed in Russian air strikes on Tuesday on a field clinic in the town of Sarmin, including a physiotherapist, a guard, and civil defence member," the Observatory's Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP.
Sarmin lies in the northwestern province of Idlib, which has been regularly targeted by Russia's military since the beginning of its air war in Syria on September 30.
The clinic was run by the Syrian-American Medical Society, whose staff confirmed that strikes had "severely damaged" the facility.
"Yesterday at around 1:00 pm (1000 GMT) a SAMS facility near Sarmin, Idlib was hit," a SAMS staff member told AFP.
"Our initial reports from the ground show that we have lost two hospital staff, a physiotherapist and a nurse," the staffer said in an emailed statement.
- Soldier martyred in gun battle with terrorists in North Waziristan09:24 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Over one million Muslims move to Mina to perform rituals of Hajj 202209:10 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022