Peshawar police recover tortured body of transgender person
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Sajjad Khan detailed that the transgender's body which was brutally tortured was recovered from Ashiqabad area near Warsak Road in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's capital.
The SSP claimed that the corpse was three days adding that the police have not been able to identify the body so far, though fingerprints and DNA samples have been collected.
The police had asked the local transgender community if they could identify the body, however, none of them was able to recognise the deceased. The head of transgender association, Laila Khan, said that the slain was not from Peshawar.
Initially, the suspect was on the loose, however, the police official, through his Twitter account informed that the accused was nabbed.
The transgender person had come from Karachi to meet the said suspected. Nobody will be allowed to break the law.— Sajjad Khan (@sajjadk7) October 21, 2017
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020