Sharjah International Book Fair 2022 starts on November 2
Themed ‘Spread the Word’, the fair at Expo Centre Sharjah to host Italy as Guest of Honour
SHARJAH - The 41st edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) will begin on November 2, the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) announced on Tuesday.
The 2022 edition of SIBF will take place in Expo Centre Sharjah from November 2 - 13, and host Italy as Guest of Honour. The event’s slogan calls on people of the world to believe in the power of words in building bridges of cultural communication based on noble values.
With a line-up of hundreds of distinguished authors and intellectuals from around the world who will lead a vibrant cultural programme, SBA said it seeks to manifest what words can accomplish in honouring and respecting cultural diversity.
HE Ahmed bin Rakkad Al Ameri, Chairman of SBA, said: “The 41st edition of SIBF renews our commitment to the wise vision set by His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, focused on building societies that understand the true value of books and its formative role in the developmental journeys of nations. It also asserts the impact of authors, creatives and intellectuals in driving the role of culture in building civilisations and making a tangible impact on human awareness.”
He added: “SIBF represents a living manifestation of Sharjah’s ambitions set more than 50 years ago, to present to the world one of the most successful and pioneering developmental projects in the region and the world - one founded on investing in culture and human capital development; one that transcends libraries and creative events, authors, intellectuals and poets to influence and shape other key sectors of a nation and the world. Books shape the identity of a nation. Books are the engines of an economy; they are change makers and developmental tools. Without them, no achievements in knowledge, science or investments can be realised.”
For her part, Khawla Al Mujaini, General coordinator of SIBF, said the slogan of the 41st edition ‘Spread the word’ reflects the true power contained in words and their impact on every aspect of life. “With this slogan, we want to convey that words are not written to be hidden between covers of books. Words are at the core of all creative pursuits, and in fact, at the heart of everything we do.”
In 2021, the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF), crossed a major cultural milestone by becoming the year’s largest publishing event worldwide in terms of business exchanges and copyright sales.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:27 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 25 September 202208:16 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan tells how his kidneys 'shut down' due to physical ...11:15 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar likely to take charge as finance minister next week10:34 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Sarwat Gillani talks about her cosmetic procedures and wardrobe ...10:10 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Teen sets Guinness World Record for most socks worn in 30 seconds06:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022