PM Imran in action after Army condemns Farishta’s rape-murder in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD –Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday took strong exception to the delay in arrest of the SHO, Shahzad Town, Islamabad, in the Farishta case, despite lodging of an FIR a day earlier and sought an explanation from the Deputy Inspector General (Operations) and Inspector General of Police.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Islamabad has also been made an officer on special duty (OSD).
The first information report (FIR) was registered against Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Town Sub-Inspector Muhammad Abbas Rana and other police officials following the abduction, murder and alleged rape of the 10-year-old girl Farishta.
However, the police arrested the SHO for negligence a day after the lodging of the FIR.
The PM’s notice comes minutes after the military spokesperson, Major General Asif Ghafoor condemned the brutal rape-murder in strongest words.
Brutal murder of innocent Farishta is highly condemnable. Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard. We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) May 22, 2019
“Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard,” the director-general of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in his tweet.
“We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children,” he added.
The child, belonging to a family from Mohmand district now settled in Islamabad's Shehzad Twon, had gone missing from the capital on May 15.
Her family held a protest demonstration at Tarmri Chow with the dead body of the girl to protest delay in registering a case. They also claimed that the police had accused the girl of eloping.
The protest was called off after they were assured of action against SHO of Shehzad Town.
According to the DIG Operations, the police have found clues about the murderer and they would soon resolve the case.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020