PM Imran in action after Army condemns Farishta’s rape-murder in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD –Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday took strong exception to the delay in arrest of the SHO, Shahzad Town, Islamabad , in the Farishta case, despite lodging of an FIR a day earlier and sought an explanation from the Deputy Inspector General (Operations) and Inspector General of Police.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Islamabad has also been made an officer on special duty (OSD).
The first information report (FIR) was registered against Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Town Sub-Inspector Muhammad Abbas Rana and other police officials following the abduction, murder and alleged rape of the 10-year-old girl Farishta .
However, the police arrested the SHO for negligence a day after the lodging of the FIR.
The PM’s notice comes minutes after the military spokesperson, Major General Asif Ghafoor condemned the brutal rape-murder in strongest words.
Brutal murder of innocent Farishta is highly condemnable. Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard. We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) May 22, 2019
“Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard,” the director-general of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in his tweet.
“We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children,” he added.
The child, belonging to a family from Mohmand district now settled in Islamabad 's Shehzad Twon, had gone missing from the capital on May 15.
Her family held a protest demonstration at Tarmri Chow with the dead body of the girl to protest delay in registering a case. They also claimed that the police had accused the girl of eloping.
The protest was called off after they were assured of action against SHO of Shehzad Town.
According to the DIG Operations, the police have found clues about the murderer and they would soon resolve the case.
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019