PM Imran in action after Army condemns Farishta’s rape-murder in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD –Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday took strong exception to the delay in arrest of the SHO, Shahzad Town, Islamabad , in the Farishta case, despite lodging of an FIR a day earlier and sought an explanation from the Deputy Inspector General (Operations) and Inspector General of Police.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Islamabad has also been made an officer on special duty (OSD).
The first information report (FIR) was registered against Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Town Sub-Inspector Muhammad Abbas Rana and other police officials following the abduction, murder and alleged rape of the 10-year-old girl Farishta .
However, the police arrested the SHO for negligence a day after the lodging of the FIR.
The PM’s notice comes minutes after the military spokesperson, Major General Asif Ghafoor condemned the brutal rape-murder in strongest words.
Brutal murder of innocent Farishta is highly condemnable. Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard. We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) May 22, 2019
“Those responsible must be brought to justice. Army is ready to provide any support in this regard,” the director-general of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in his tweet.
“We must rise and join to protect our future generations from vile and despicable elements who prey on vulnerable children,” he added.
The child, belonging to a family from Mohmand district now settled in Islamabad 's Shehzad Twon, had gone missing from the capital on May 15.
Her family held a protest demonstration at Tarmri Chow with the dead body of the girl to protest delay in registering a case. They also claimed that the police had accused the girl of eloping.
The protest was called off after they were assured of action against SHO of Shehzad Town.
According to the DIG Operations, the police have found clues about the murderer and they would soon resolve the case.
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019