Pakistan, Russia vow to work together for peace & security in region
According to the press statement, Lt. Gen.(retd) Nasser Khan Janjua arrived in Russia to attend the 9th International Meeting of High Representatives.
This is the first-time ever that inter-ministerial level delegations led by National Security Advisers of the two countries met each other.
“Russian-Pakistani consultations on security issues were held in Moscow by the Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Nikolay Patrushev and adviser to the Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on national security issues Lt. Gen. (retd) Nasser Khan Janjua, National Security Adviser of Pakistan with the participation of representatives of several agencies of the two countries,” said the official statement.
It is noted in an official statement that the parties stressed the interest in further cooperation between Moscow and Islamabad in the sphere of security. It is added that the meeting discussed issues of bilateral military cooperation, counteraction to international terrorism and cooperation in the field of information security.
Pakistan delegation included senior representatives comprising Secretaries, Additional Secretaries and Maj. Generals from National Security Division, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defence Production, Strategic Plans Division, Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and Intelligence.
The Russian side, led by Nikolai Patrushev, comprised Commander-in-Chief of Land Forces of the Russian Federation, senior representatives from Russian Security Council, Ministry of Internal Affairs, RosoboronExport, Federal Security Services, Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation and RosCosmos.
The Security Advisor of Pakistan gave an elaborate presentation to the bilateral forum on trends of global power politics and shared his strategic thinking about evolving security challenges around the globe with the particular focus on the region.
He also highlighted the common opportunities for Russia and Pakistan. Regional connectivity and prospects of closer cooperation in the fields of space, defence, security, economy and trade, cyber-security, intelligence-sharing remained the main focus of the delegation level talks.
Both sides reiterated to continue to work together for further improvement in the relationship and to seek enduring peace and stability in the region.
- ‘Enough is enough,’ says China after Trump’s Covid-19 criticism11:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Senate body wants changes in accountability process of superior ...10:07 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Foreign delegates, diplomats & defence attachés back Pakistan's ...08:36 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Stolen assets of developing countries must be returned, PM urges world08:28 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Shehzad Roy and Faisal Qureshi are remaking ‘Alif Noon’03:47 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Sonu Nigam praises Sajjad Ali in latest Instagram post01:50 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- IN PICTURES: Ayeza Khan with her little sister12:49 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020