Court bars hearing of Meesha Shafi's defamation suit against Ali Zafar
LAHORE - Lahore’s session court Saturday has ordered to stop hearing of Meesha Shafi’s defamation suit against Ali Zafar. Additional session judge Amjad Ali Shah announced the verdict comprising of 12 pages.
According to the court judgement, both suits filed by Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar are of similar nature and the latter’s plea is already under hearing in the court.
The judgement further stated that the statements by witnesses have already been recorded in the plea filed by Ali Zafar. A case of a similar nature cannot be heard while the other is already in court that is why hearing on Meesha Shafi’s plea is being stopped.
Meesha Shafi’s plea will not be heard until another defamation suit of the same case is in the court, the judgement concluded.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Punjab Food Minister Samiullah Chaudhry resigns06:39 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019