Court bars hearing of Meesha Shafi's defamation suit against Ali Zafar
LAHORE - Lahore’s session court Saturday has ordered to stop hearing of Meesha Shafi’s defamation suit against Ali Zafar. Additional session judge Amjad Ali Shah announced the verdict comprising of 12 pages.
According to the court judgement, both suits filed by Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar are of similar nature and the latter’s plea is already under hearing in the court.
The judgement further stated that the statements by witnesses have already been recorded in the plea filed by Ali Zafar. A case of a similar nature cannot be heard while the other is already in court that is why hearing on Meesha Shafi’s plea is being stopped.
Meesha Shafi’s plea will not be heard until another defamation suit of the same case is in the court, the judgement concluded.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Falak Shabir wins hearts as new video with Alyana goes viral01:15 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022