Court bars hearing of Meesha Shafi's defamation suit against Ali Zafar
LAHORE - Lahore’s session court Saturday has ordered to stop hearing of Meesha Shafi’s defamation suit against Ali Zafar. Additional session judge Amjad Ali Shah announced the verdict comprising of 12 pages.
According to the court judgement, both suits filed by Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar are of similar nature and the latter’s plea is already under hearing in the court.
The judgement further stated that the statements by witnesses have already been recorded in the plea filed by Ali Zafar. A case of a similar nature cannot be heard while the other is already in court that is why hearing on Meesha Shafi’s plea is being stopped.
Meesha Shafi’s plea will not be heard until another defamation suit of the same case is in the court, the judgement concluded.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021