Pakistan ranks number one for provision of most affordable telecom services
Furthermore, competitiveness Index Report of World Economic Forum has also ranked Pakistan above India, Bangladesh and Iran in terms of availability of latest technologies and internet bandwidth, said a press release issued here.
It may be noted that the World Economic Forum is regarded as one of the most reputed, credible and authentic sources of information globally.
Cable.co.uk has ranked Pakistan at number 33 based on its calculation of the average price of 1GB mobile data @ USD 1.85 per month, which is not correct.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has evaluated monthly plans/packages offered by mobile companies in Pakistan and the average price of 1GB turns out to be only USD 0.72.
Based on PTA’s analysis, Pakistan’s average price per GB is the second lowest in the Asia Pacific region ahead of Srilanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Iran, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc. Further, PTA also gathered data from mobile companies, according to which, a blended average price of 1GB mobile data is in the range of USD 0.29 to USD 0.59 per month.
PTA has also approached/contacted representatives of Cable.co.uk for clarification through email and telephone, however, no response has been received as of yet.
- PLTA Independence Day Punjab Junior Tennis 2022: Double crown for ...09:45 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- FBI agents seize ‘top secret’ documents during raid on Trump's ...09:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz Sharif to address nation tonight08:51 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022