NAB rejects ‘fake and fabricated’ TV propaganda against Chairman Javed Iqbal
In a press release, the anti-graft watchdog termed the report of News One TV as propaganda based on “fake, fabricated and contrary to the facts”.
The statement added “it’s a group of blackmailers whose aim is to tarnish the credibility of chairman NAB.”
NAB, despite pressure, has arrested two members of the group and approved a reference against them, the statement said.
According to the statement, the bureau has registered a total of 42 FIRs against this group of blackmailers for kidnapping for ransom, defrauding people at large by faking as NAB and FIA officers.
Its ringleader, Farooq, has already been sentenced to Kot Lakhpat prison.
Moreover, the statement added, the private TV channel has not only rejected its own story but also tendered an apology to the NAB chairman for hurting his sentiments.
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021