Kangana thanks Pakistanis for ‘standing by India in testing times’
Indian actress Kangana Ranaut on Saturday thanked Pakistanis for expressing solidarity with India, which is currently reeling under a new wave of fatal coronavirus.
The actress took to Twitter to thank the Pakistani social media users for making #PakistanstandswithIndia the top trend on the microblogging and social networking service. She wrote, "Heartwarming to see top trend from Pakistan. We too acknowledge their empathy in these testing times."
Pakistan on Saturday formally offered India help in dealing with the havoc wreaked by coronavirus in the country with a high population density.
The Pakistani Foreign Office tweeted late on Saturday evening, “As a gesture of solidarity with the people of #India in the wake of the current wave of #COVID-19, #Pakistan has offered to provide relief support to India including ventilators, Bi PAP, digital X ray machines, PPEs and related items.”
“The concerned authorities of #Pakistan and #India can work out modalities for quick delivery of the relief items. They can also explore possible ways of further cooperation to mitigate the challenges posed by the #pandemic,” the Foreign Office said in the second tweet.
The concerned authorities of #Pakistan and #India can work out modalities for quick delivery of the relief items. They can also explore possible ways of further cooperation to mitigate the challenges posed by the #pandemic. 2/2 @MEAIndia @PakinIndia— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) April 24, 2021
Earlier on Saturday, Prime Minister Imran Khan urged the world to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which has become a challenge for the humanity globally. He expressed solidarity with India and tweeted, "I want to express our solidarity with the people of India as they battle a dangerous wave of COVID-19."
Pakistan officially offers COVID-19 relief ... 11:22 PM | 24 Apr, 2021
Pakistan on Saturday offered India help in dealing with the disastrous situation created by the coronavirus pandemic in ...
I want to express our solidarity with the people of India as they battle a dangerous wave of COVID-19. Our prayers for a speedy recovery go to all those suffering from the pandemic in our neighbourhood & the world. We must fight this global challenge confronting humanity together— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) April 24, 2021
A day earlier, Pakistani charity Edhi Foundation on Friday offered Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi 50 fully-equipped ambulances and staff for coronavirus patients.
Over the last few days, India has been consistently recording over 300,000 coronavirus cases on a daily basis, setting a new grim record in the world since arrival of the pandemic in China in November 2019.
- Watch: Russian President Putin smashes 8 goals in ice hockey match11:36 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Israeli attacks on Palestinians, Al-Aqsa Mosque10:50 PM | 11 May, 2021
- India’s official website claims Jammu & Kashmir is 'predominantly ...10:28 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Babar Azam among Pakistani cricketers all prayers for the people of ...10:09 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Falak Shabir is taking care of wife Sarah Khan's pregnancy cravings08:24 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Malala slammed for skipping 'Israel' in statement on Palestine attacks04:47 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021