Why is Pakistan's Ababeel Missile test so shocking for Indians?
The unprecedentedly advanced missile (and rightly so) means a lot for Pakistan in terms of its safety and defensive capabilities.
India tested its own anti-ballistic missile system allegedly capable of intercepting a nuclear-capable ballistic missile last year. However, Ababeel supersedes the capability of India's defense system and poses a serious threat to India.
The missile enhances first-strike proficiency for strategic forces and provides greater target damage for a given thermonuclear weapon payload. Several small warheads cause much more target damage area than a single warhead alone.
Several small warheads cause much more target damage area than a single warhead alone. This, in turn, reduces the number of missiles and launch facilities required for a given destruction level - much the same as the purpose of a cluster munition.
With single warhead missiles, one missile must be launched for each target. In contrast with a MIRV warhead, the post-boost (or bus) stage can dispense warheads against multiple targets across a broad area.
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021