Govt appoints Captain (retd) Arif Nawaz as IGP Punjab ahead of court deadline
A notification dated July 25, signed by Muhammad Hamza Shafqaat, deputy secretary to the Government of Pakistan, stated "Capt (retd) Arif Nawaz Khan, a BS-21 officer of Police Service of Pakistan, presently serving under the Government of Punjab, is transferred and posted as PPO, Punjab, in his own pay and scale, with immediate effect and until further orders."
On July 18, the LHC had discarded the appointment of the acting IGP, retired Capt Mohammad Usman Khattak, as the permanent Provincial Police Officer (PPO). PPO is another title for IGP Punjab.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021