Afghan Taliban willing to meet PM Imran in Pakistan
Talking to British broadcaster, Shaheen said if they are given a formal invite by Pakistan, they would visit the country.
We often visit regional countries and would surely go there because Pakistan is our neighbor and Muslim country, he asserted.
Shaheen, who was talking via phone from Doha, was also asked to comment on criticism that they are Pakistan’s proxy, to which he responded that those who wanted to create problems for Taliban would continue to say so.
He detailed that the Taliban have divided the issue into two parts: external and internal.
Shaheen continued that in the first phase, they were negotiating with the foreign forces which are in final stages and in the second phase, they would hold talks with all the stakeholders and the Afghan government can also become part of it.
On this issues, Shaheen said he can’t comment on the timeline but said they always look for a prisoner swap so that some of their arrested members are also released.
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan recently visited the US and held discussions with President Donald Trump regarding the ongoing Afghan Peace Process.
Both the leaders agreed that there was no military solution to the crisis; President Donald Trump had also hailed Pakistan’s support in achieving the peace in the war-torn country.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020