Afghan Taliban willing to meet PM Imran in Pakistan
Talking to British broadcaster, Shaheen said if they are given a formal invite by Pakistan , they would visit the country.
We often visit regional countries and would surely go there because Pakistan is our neighbor and Muslim country, he asserted.
Shaheen, who was talking via phone from Doha, was also asked to comment on criticism that they are Pakistan’s proxy, to which he responded that those who wanted to create problems for Taliban would continue to say so.
He detailed that the Taliban have divided the issue into two parts: external and internal.
Shaheen continued that in the first phase, they were negotiating with the foreign forces which are in final stages and in the second phase, they would hold talks with all the stakeholders and the Afghan government can also become part of it.
On this issues, Shaheen said he can’t comment on the timeline but said they always look for a prisoner swap so that some of their arrested members are also released.
Pakistan 's Prime Minister Imran Khan recently visited the US and held discussions with President Donald Trump regarding the ongoing Afghan Peace Process.
Both the leaders agreed that there was no military solution to the crisis; President Donald Trump had also hailed Pakistan’s support in achieving the peace in the war-torn country.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019