NDMA sets up 29 relief centers for heatstroke affectees
Sufficient amount of medicines and clean drinking water have been arranged to mitigate the effects of high temperature.
Sixteen of these centers have been established in Karachi.
NDMA has also directed PDMA Sindh to activate emergency helpline to address the needs of the affected people.
Chairman National Disaster Management Authority Major General Asghar Nawaz, who is in Karachi to monitor relief activities, has said cases of heatstroke are on the rise due to the low pressure of the air and high temperature.
- Pakistan gets UAE nod to hold remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu ...06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021