IMF team to visit Pakistan on April 29
The IMF team will meet the officials finance ministry official, FBR and State Bank, he added.
The delegation will share with Pakistani officials its terms and conditions for a possible bailout package.
The federal government is hoping for a $6 billion bailout package from the IMF.
He further said the Ministry of Finance has also held in-depth discussions with all key stakeholders, including State Bank of Pakistan, Power and Gas Division, Privatisation Commission, Federal Board of Revenue and Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP).
IMF wants Pakistan to cut fiscal deficits, reduce losses of state-run companies, a market-driven exchange rate, and a broadened tax base.
“We want the IMF team to visit Pakistan as early as possible to accelerate and complete the process,” Hafeez Shaikh, the new adviser to PM Khan on finance who replaced Asad Umar, told reporters on April 20.
- Balochistan face off Central Punjab in 4th match of National T20 2021 ...05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Top Pakistani, Russian generals discuss military ties in Moscow05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Sindh clash with Southern Punjab in 3rd match of National T20 ...04:00 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021