IMF team to visit Pakistan on April 29
The IMF team will meet the officials finance ministry official, FBR and State Bank, he added.
The delegation will share with Pakistani officials its terms and conditions for a possible bailout package.
The federal government is hoping for a $6 billion bailout package from the IMF.
He further said the Ministry of Finance has also held in-depth discussions with all key stakeholders, including State Bank of Pakistan, Power and Gas Division, Privatisation Commission, Federal Board of Revenue and Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP).
IMF wants Pakistan to cut fiscal deficits, reduce losses of state-run companies, a market-driven exchange rate, and a broadened tax base.
“We want the IMF team to visit Pakistan as early as possible to accelerate and complete the process,” Hafeez Shaikh, the new adviser to PM Khan on finance who replaced Asad Umar, told reporters on April 20.
- PAKvWI: Pakistan, West Indies lock horns today to gain lead in T20I ...11:51 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Afghan Taliban capable to combat Daesh in Afghanistan: Qureshi11:34 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021