Malala Yousafzai to plan parties at Oxford College after social secretary election
The 20-year-old is currently finishing the first year of a degree at Lady Margaret Hall.
She was chosen to join the Junior Common Room (JCR) Executive Committee in elections at the college last week, the BBC reported.
Each Oxford college has a JCR committee to organise events and campaigns.
As the social secretary, the youngest ever Nobel Peace laureate will be responsible to plan and organise social events in the college.
Malala, who is studying politics, philosophy, and economics, will share this role with Tiger Akawin for the upcoming academic year.
A colourful day 💕 pic.twitter.com/QCCDzNiJWG— Malala (@Malala) May 22, 2018
Last August, the 22-year-old had secured a place at the Oxford University College.
She suffered bullet injuries and was admitted to the military hospital Peshawar but was later flown to London for further treatment.
In 2014, Yousafzai became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize at the age of 17 in recognition of her efforts for children's rights.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020