First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses
PESHAWAR – Health officials in Kyhber Pakhtunkhwa this week reported death of a nurse, believed to be the first in the northwestern province.
Musarrat Dilber Bibi, a Senior Staff Nurse of Kohat’s Liaqat Memorial Hospital, was brought to the hospital in Peshawar for treatment three days ago but she could not survive, said a KP Nurses Association's official.
Nearly 90 nurses have been tested positive for COVID-19 - an illness caused by the novel coronavirus - in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, according to the association.
Provincial chief minister Mahmood Khan Saturday expressed grief and sorrow over the medical worker's death.
In a condolence message, he said that the efforts of doctors and nurses were not hidden from anyone playing vital role against coronavirus.
Mussarat's death comes after the demise of two doctors in the province including Dr Javed at the Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC) and Dr Ashraf at the Saddar Headquarters Hospital. Amongst paramedics and health workers, Wasim Gul at the Hayatabad Rural Health Centre (RHC), Haji Munir a technician at a Swabi hospital and ward boy Shakir in Charsadda have succumbed to the virus. An ambulance driver has also succumbed to the virus in the provincial capital.
The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan rose above 68,000 on Saturday.
Pakistan nears 177,000 cases of coronavirus – ... 09:52 AM | 21 Jun, 2020
LAHORE – The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 176,612, according to government data ...
In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, a total of 453 have died from the disease.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020