Burhan Wani’s father hails PM Nawaz for addressing Kashmir issue at UN
In an interview with a leading Indian Daily ‘Times of India’, he said he “liked everything” that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said in his speech.
He said Burhan’s killing had brought a new brightness in the movement of freedom in Kashmir. He said Burhan loved playing cricket and wanted to join army. “He would have loved to play for India, not Pakistan.”
“When Bhagat Singh was fighting against the British, they called him a terrorist, but Indians maintained he was a freedom fighter. When the problem of Kashmir will be solved, India will realise Wani was a freedom fighter.”
He also refused to accept Pakistan’s involvement in Uri attack saying, “We don’t know where these fighters are coming from or infiltrating as the borders are sealed by the Indian forces. What is the Indian Army doing?”
He insisted on peaceful resolution to Kashmir issue, stating “the better way is dialogue between India and Pakistan so that there’s peace in Pakistan and also in India”.
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021