Pakistani couple gets prison for benefit fraud in UK
Syed Zaidi, 41, and his wife Rizwana Kamal, 40, claimed asylum seekers’ benefit, child tax and working tax credits and child benefits for their three children – on top of free accommodation – worth £150,000, despite having more than £250,000 in the bank, The Sun reported on Thursday.
The couple confessed to their crime before Manchester Judge Bernard Lever at Minshull Street Crown Court.
The two had claimed that they were being persecuted in Pakistan and urged the Home Office to provide them with shelter.
The couple owned two cars and lived in a house with a Victorian terrace in Denton, near Manchester. The two were caught because of a tip-off received by UK’s Home Office.
The husband and wife have been sentenced to 10 months imprisonment but they will be jailed six months apart so their children are not taken care at further expense to taxpayers.
- PTCL internet services disrupted across Pakistan10:14 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Man kills two sisters, their friend for honour in Peshawar10:04 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Hira and Mani share hilarious new video from London11:20 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022