CPEC update: ECC waives taxes on Chinese companies working on motorway, highway projects
Chaired by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, the ECC meeting considered and approved the proposal submitted by the Ministry of Communications for an exemption from customs duties, levies and other relevant taxes for the import of equipment and construction material being used in the construction of two early harvest projects under CPEC: the Karakorum Highway (KKH) phase II (Thakot to Havellian section) and the Karachi-Lahore Motorway (Sukkar to Multan section).
Pakistan had already awarded the contracts of these two projects to Chinese firms.
Sources informed Daily Pakistan that the Chinese firms had demanded tax exemptions for projects under CPEC.
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021