Japan gaming giant Nintendo records hundreds of millions in losses despite Pokemon Go success
Nintendo warned last week that even the craze for the new app was unlikely to translate into bumper profits going forward, as the company has lost more than $233 million this year on a stronger yen and lacklustre sales,
The Super Mario maker said unit sales of its Wii U game consoles more than halved from the same quarter last year while a soaring yen helped erase profits.
“In terms of earnings, it’s going to be a tough year for Nintendo since it has no plans to release new consoles or promising titles for now,” said Hideki Yasuda, an analyst at Ace Research Institute in Tokyo.
The company is the creator of the Pokemon franchise but the game, released on July 5, was developed and distributed by US-based Niantic, a spinoff of Google.
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021