Panamagate verdict: PSX closes nearly flat
The index touched the day's low at 45,758 points an hour after trading opened. However, it soon recovered, reaching the day's high of 46,025.
Trading activity was led by banking scrips, with 31.6 million shares traded during the session. The textile sector and chemical sector followed with 23.6m and 11.5m respectively.
Ahsan Mehanti of Arif Habib Corporation said that the benchmark closed flat as investors were awaiting the Supreme Court verdict on the Panamagate case following the joint investigation team's probe into the Sharif family's assets.
"Oil stocks outperformed amid surging global crude prices," he added.
Concerns over political uncertainty, dismal corporate performance in the fertiliser sector, and foreign outflows were catalysts for the bearish close at the PSX, he concluded.
- Pakistan to celebrate Youm-e-Takbeer with national zeal11:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Ali Raza Sadpara passes away10:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Indian troops martyr three Kashmiri youth in IIOJK10:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022