Pakistan Army chief lauds ANF for controlling drug trafficking (VIDEO)
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) headquarters, the military's media wing said on Tuesday.
The top military commander was given a detailed operational brief regarding the genesis of ANF and its contributions to controlling drug trafficking in Pakistan, according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
Interacting with the officers and staff, COAS Bajwa said that drug peddlers and those involved in its production are a threat to national security and relentless enemies of humanity.
“Drug money is being used for the promotion of terrorism and therefore, it is important that drug dealers are dealt with iron hands,” the Army chief was quoted by ISPR as saying.
The Army chief also lauded the efforts of ANF in controlling drug trafficking in Pakistan.
Earlier on arrival, COAS Bajwa was received by ANF Director-General (DG) Major General Muhammad Arif Malik.
- Lieutenant General (Retired) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- #PTI leader #HaleemAdilSheikh confirms marriage to party MPA ...11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021