Sharif orders immediate evacuation of Pakistanis trapped in Yemen
In a statement, the prime minister said the people living in Yemen were vulnerable to all sorts of crimes, including kidnapping, as the state system was collapsing.
He directed that steps be taken on war-footings for ensuring their safe evacuation.
Earlier today, Pakistanis trapped in Yemen appealed to the Pakistani government to help evacuate them from Sanaa.
Speaking to a private television, Syed Rehan Ali complained that the Pakistani Embassy was not providing them any information regarding an evacuation plan.
Meanwhile the Foreign Office spokesperson said the government was assessing the situation and a plan of action would be decided accordingly.
The FO added, that the Pakistani community had been informed earlier that the situation on ground could worsen and they were instructed to leave Yemen.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022