Royal Navy explodes huge WWII German mine
The mine was reportedly found by a crane barge that was dredging the strait.
The device, which dated from the Second World War, was towed to open water before being detonated, The Telegraph reported.
The video of the explosion shows the power of the mine blowing up a plume of water high into the air.
These mines were laid in their thousands during WWII but are rarely encountered these days.
“The mine was in quite good condition, and they were engineered to a very high standard which is probably why it has stayed safe all these years.” Bomb disposal team leader told.
The explosion created a plume almost 1,000ft high.
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Punjab plans free electricity for those who consume up to 100 units06:28 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani scientist wins international competition on cutting carbon ...06:09 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan's new dance video goes viral04:20 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022