Royal Navy explodes huge WWII German mine
The mine was reportedly found by a crane barge that was dredging the strait.
The device, which dated from the Second World War, was towed to open water before being detonated, The Telegraph reported.
The video of the explosion shows the power of the mine blowing up a plume of water high into the air.
These mines were laid in their thousands during WWII but are rarely encountered these days.
“The mine was in quite good condition, and they were engineered to a very high standard which is probably why it has stayed safe all these years.” Bomb disposal team leader told.
The explosion created a plume almost 1,000ft high.
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of chairty funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Interior Minister says ‘performers giving Islamic touch now in need ...08:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan and Deepika Padukone's choice of saree leaves netizens ...08:26 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022