Pakistani drug convict Zulfiqar Ali's execution delayed in Indonesia
Zulfiqar was given the death penalty in a drug smuggling case and was to be executed on Thursday night. His plea for mercy was initially turned down by Indonesian authorities, who now say they will reconsider the decision.
Zulfiqar Ali, 52, was transferred on Monday to the Nusakambangan prison island off Java where executions take place, and Indonesian authorities had told Pakistani officials that his execution was imminent.
Zulfiqar’s family was pleased to hear that their loved one's execution had been delayed. They had been protesting against the execution order since yesterday evening.
Indonesian government agencies have said they will provide further details on the case soon.
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- AGP detects financial irregularities of Rs40bn in PM's Covid relief ...10:53 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- BANvPAK: Hasan Ali takes 5-51 for Pakistan as Bangladesh all out for ...10:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem beats Colombia's Barrera to bag WBC ...09:57 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021