Pakistani drug convict Zulfiqar Ali's execution delayed in Indonesia
Zulfiqar was given the death penalty in a drug smuggling case and was to be executed on Thursday night. His plea for mercy was initially turned down by Indonesian authorities, who now say they will reconsider the decision.
Zulfiqar Ali, 52, was transferred on Monday to the Nusakambangan prison island off Java where executions take place, and Indonesian authorities had told Pakistani officials that his execution was imminent.
Zulfiqar’s family was pleased to hear that their loved one's execution had been delayed. They had been protesting against the execution order since yesterday evening.
Indonesian government agencies have said they will provide further details on the case soon.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021