PIA decides to shut down Air Safari
The inaugural flight of Air Safari flew from Islamabad to Skardu a few days ago, reportedly carrying PIA officers, their relatives and friends. Around 70 free-of-cost tickets were issued for the flight with only taxes being applicable on passengers, including Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Director General Hassan Baig.
It was poised to provide the tourists an opportunity to visit the 'Roof of the World', where majestic peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, the world famous Concordia and Baltoro glacier can be viewed from the comfort of B737 Aircraft. The flight was supposed to originate from Islamabad and return back to Islamabad after 01-40 mints.
PIA spokesperson Mashhood Tajwar said the launch has been suspended for an indefinite time period due to operational difficulties.
Recently, a video of an altercation between passengers and CAA also surfaced on social media, highlighting management issues with the Air Safari.
Media reports suggest during the planning of Air Safari, a feasibility study must have been prepared, and a huge sum of money on flight operations and advertising the service was spent.
It is believed that mismanagement and hastiness appear to be the reasons for the failure of relaunching Air Safari.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020