PIA decides to shut down Air Safari
KARACHI - Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has decided to shut down its planned commercial launch of the Air Safari flight, dealing a blow for passengers looking to travel to the country’s northern heaven.
The inaugural flight of Air Safari flew from Islamabad to Skardu a few days ago, reportedly carrying PIA officers, their relatives and friends. Around 70 free-of-cost tickets were issued for the flight with only taxes being applicable on passengers, including Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Director General Hassan Baig.
PIA relaunches Air Safari to take you to ‘Roof ... 07:39 PM | 9 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s national flag-carrier has commenced its Air Safari flight services once again that will take ...
It was poised to provide the tourists an opportunity to visit the 'Roof of the World', where majestic peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, the world famous Concordia and Baltoro glacier can be viewed from the comfort of B737 Aircraft. The flight was supposed to originate from Islamabad and return back to Islamabad after 01-40 mints.
PIA spokesperson Mashhood Tajwar said the launch has been suspended for an indefinite time period due to operational difficulties.
Recently, a video of an altercation between passengers and CAA also surfaced on social media, highlighting management issues with the Air Safari.
Passengers left stranded after DG CAA takes ... 10:31 AM | 17 Jul, 2018
KARACHI - Amid soaring losses and depleting reputation of Pakistan International Airlines, a director general of the ...
Media reports suggest during the planning of Air Safari, a feasibility study must have been prepared, and a huge sum of money on flight operations and advertising the service was spent.
It is believed that mismanagement and hastiness appear to be the reasons for the failure of relaunching Air Safari.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020