KP, Sindh assemblies dissolved after completing 5-year term
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, addressing the the farewell session of the legislative assembly, said that he respects the masses who migrated [to Pakistan], however, the demand for division of Sindh province was 'unjustified'.
Later, the outgoing chief minister, who remains in charge until an interim chief minister takes over, hosted an Iftar dinner in honour of members of the provincial cabinet.
Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani presided over the last session.
Before the assembly's tenure came to an end, the chief minister and Leader of the Opposition in Sindh Assembly Khawaja Izharul Hassan met to decide on a name for the post of caretaker chief minister but failed to decide on any name.
They will again meet on Tuesday to finalise a name for the caretaker chief minister.
Geo News quotes its sources saying that "the Pakistan People's Party is deciding between former chief secretary Ghulam Ali Shah Pasha and senior party leader Dr Qayoom Soomro to be appointed for the interim position".
Other names to come forward are of Aftab Sheikh from the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, Ghous Ali Shah from Pakistan Muslim League-Functional, and Justice (retd) Amir Hani Muslim from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, the TV channel reported.
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly also completed its term midnight on Monday following a notification by provincial law secretary later regarding its dissolution. However, the farewell session could not be held because of a lack of quorum.
- Disappointed with PM Imran’s speech, PTI ticket holder from ...02:13 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- US formally invites Pakistan to climate change summit after initial ...12:31 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021