Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure
Former Pakistan captain and most capped player Inzamam-ul-Haq underwent an emergency angioplasty at a private hospital in Lahore on Tuesday.
He was admitted to the hospital after he complained about heart-related issues and difficulty in breathing.
Teammate and current PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja later confirmed on social media that Inzamam has been discharged from the hospital after a successful procedure.
"Inzi wishing you well and so good that you are now back at home. Rest and recoup my friend," Raja tweeted.
Earlier, a family member said that Inzamam felt uneasy and complained of difficulty in breathing on Monday.
He was taken to a private hospital where, after several tests, it was revealed that he might have had a minor heart attack. Doctors advised him an emergency angioplasty and well-known heart surgeon, Professor Abbas Kazim, performed the procedure.
The 51-year-old, who played 120 Tests and 378 One-Day Internationals during an illustrious career, also served as chief selector between 2016-2019. It was in his tenure that Pakistan won the ICC Champions Trophy final against India in 2017.
He was, however, unceremoniously told to step down in late 2019 after the World Cup by a new Pakistan Cricket Board management.
The former top batsman also coached the Afghanistan team in the 2016 World Cup T20.
Sachin Tendulkar wished him a speedy recovery.
"Wishing you a speedy recovery @Inzamam08. You've always been calm yet competitive, and a fighter on the field. I hope and pray that you'll come out stronger from this situation as well. Get well soon," he tweeted.
All the top Pakistan cricketers also took to social media to wish the legendary batsman of yesteryears.
Inzamam-ul-Haq hospitalised in Lahore 01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
Former Pakistan captain is in hospital where underwent a successful angioplasty on Monday evening after suffering from ...
- Teen girl ‘gang-raped, filmed’ by rickshaw driver, accomplice in ...11:29 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan nears formal deal with US to allow airspace for operations ...10:57 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Interior Minister skips Pakistan-India match amid TLP protests10:36 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- CTD guns down 9 ‘Daesh’ terrorists in Balochistan’s Mastung10:12 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of Covid cases in a year09:42 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021