Farooq Sattar denies the August 22 rampage was 'premeditated'
Sattar revealed that at the time the party leaders were in state of ‘shock’.
He maintained that the party has no links with the people who went on rampage and wrecked properties and resorted to violence, while still maintaining that ‘there might be some who committed crimes.’
“I should be referred to as MQM Pakistan chief,” responded Sattar to one of TV show’s host’s questions during the talk.
During the conversation, the leader also refuted the earlier revelations announced by Director General of Pakistan Rangers (Sindh) Major General Bilal Akbar.
Earlier, the DG Rangers Sindh had said that August 22 violence was an organised act and the MQM’s Labour Division abetted in the attack.
Maj Gen Bilal Akbar also stated that the MQM sector and unit workers were involved in the August 22nd violence which left one man dead and injured around eight people.
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Tourism Dept committed to restoring museums, historical sites in ...06:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Hasan, Imad and Sarfaraz left out as Pakistan name squad for West ...06:14 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- India confirms first two cases of Omicron variant05:51 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021