Eurozone inflation slows to 0.2pc, unemployment stable
BRUSSELS (APP) - Inflation in the eurozone slowed to 0.2 percent in June, official data showed on Tuesday, with consumer prices rising just slightly in Europe despite unprecedented stimulus measures by the European Central Bank.
In May, the index had risen by 0.3 percent, with plummeting energy costs once again affecting the cost of living in the 19-nation currency union, the EU statistics agency Eurostat said.
Unemployment remained stable at 11.1 percent in May compared to April, Eurostat said, and down from 11.6 percent a year before.
- Pakistan PM seeks ‘comprehensive strategy’ to curb violence12:57 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- First time in history, Pakistan presents national security policy to ...12:35 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan inaugurates first 'plastic road'11:35 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021