General Raheel briefs PM Nawaz on security situation, Indian meddling
The two discussed internal and external security situation of the country.
In addition, COAS briefed prime minister on progress of Operation Zarb-e-Azb and Indian meddling was also reviewed during the meeting.
Further, a statement issued following the meeting said “security situation in the country and professional matters came under discussion.
However, sources said the two high-ups also exchanged views over Indian interference in Pakistan’s affairs, as the government is contemplating to raise the issue in United Nations Security Council.
In this regard, sources said, the government is holding consultation with Pakistan’s ambassadors in different countries, including Pakistan's permanent representative to the UN, Maleeha Lodhi.
The decision to take world powers into confidence comes following emergence of proofs of Indian meddling in Pakistan and Indian PM Narendra Modi’s confession, sources said.
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Karachi University declares BCom Part II Annual Exams 2020 result ...08:40 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021