UAE jails teen for having affair with four men
However, it turned down the prosecution’s demand for her deportation.
A Court of First Instance convicted the 16-year-old girl and sentenced her to one year in prison.
It also fined her Dh1,000 and ordered her deportation from the UAE.
A Court of Appeals reduced the jail term to nine months and abolished the deportation order, prompting the prosecutor to appeal to the Federal Supreme Court, which upheld that sentence and turned down the prosecutor’s plea.
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021