250 IS fighters killed in US-led strikes near Falluja
According to media reports, at least 40 vehicles used by the fighters were also destroyed in the air assault. No civilians had been living in the targeted areas.
Officials said the offensive could be one of the deadliest strikes against ISIS. However, they have held off definitive conclusions until the number casualties is confirmed.
The strikes came as Turkey blamed the Islamic State militant group for three suicide bombings at Istanbul Airport on Tuesday morning. 36 people died in the incident.
Earlier this week, Iraqi forces announced to have regained the city of Falluja from ISIS fighters after five weeks of intense fighting.
- ICCIA holds Best of Entrepreneurship Pakistan Session at IBA11:33 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nimra Khan boggles netizens with latest video11:01 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Angelina Jolie pens heartfelt note after visiting flood-hit areas in ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022