82-year-old 'student' fails Matric exam for 47th time
Shiv Charan, 82, took his first board exam in 1969. Since then, passing them has become the main aim of his life.
Popularly known as Sheojiram and Pappu, the old man lives in the Kohari village of Rajasthan state. His failure in the board examinations has once again shattered his hopes of getting married.
In the early years of his life, he promised to marry only after getting through the examinations. “It is not just passing the exam. It will also give me an opportunity to get married," he told India Today.
This time, he was not able to pass in any subject. In some subjects, he even secured zero marks.
However, the old man is still determined to achieve success. Because of his age, he has problems with his eye sight, hearing and in walking but his passion for clearing the exam remains.
“Till the time I am alive I will go on giving the exam," Shiv Charan said. “In 1995, I passed in almost all subjects except mathematics,” he added.
Shiv, who is fully dependent on the state government's old age pension, now lives in a temple.
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022