CJP Jamali visits Abdul Sattar Edhi in hospital
The CJP arrived at the philanthropist's Home in the city’s Kharadar locality accompanied by senior Supreme Court judges. He remained there for some time and enquired after Edhi’s health.
Edhi Foundation chairman on Tuesday underwent a successful surgery at the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT), Karachi.
Earlier, Federal Minister for Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage Senator Pervaiz Rashid on Sunday visited the eminent social worker and inquired after his health.
He was accompanied by Chairperson of Benazir Income Support Programme Marvi Memon and Senator Nihal Hashmi.
Last week, Karachi Corps Commander Lieutenant General Naveed Mukhtar also visited Abdul Sattar Edhi at Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) to inquire about his health. Lt Gen Mukhtar said Edhi is the pride of the nation and is the name of humanity and compassion.
Further, on June 12, Army chief General Raheel Sharif and his wife sent a bouquet and a card to Edhi, wishing a healthy and peaceful life.
Edhi was diagnosed with kidney failure in June 2013 and was told by doctors he would have to be on dialysis for the rest of his life.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...07:37 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 26 September 202207:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022