Pakistan to plant 105 million saplings to fight climate change
Under the project, 105 million saplings will be planted all over Pakistan over the next five years at a cost of Rs. 10 billion. Implementation of the program will begin next month.
According to official sources, the program will be formally launched alongside the upcoming monsoon tree plantation campaign 2016.
Green Pakistan was been designed on the directives of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to ensure the revival of forestry and wildlife resources, and slow down the climate change process in the country.
All federal and provincial stakeholders, civil society organizations, corporate bodies and international development partners will be taken into confidence for the success of the program, according to official sources.
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022