Real estate sector to be brought inside tax net
The fresh amendment will allow the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to estimate the value of properties in order to limit tax evasion.
The Board, which comprises income tax experts, bankers and chartered accountants, will serve as government’s helping hand in the matter.
Under the amendments, the real market value of immovable properties will be determined after valuations by the State Bank of Pakistan and be referred to the FBR Inland Revenue Department.
This is expected to bring black money into the tax net and allow for the imposition of high penalties on tax evaders under Section 192-A. The penalties can amount to 100 percent of the evaded tax and will be in addition to the additional tax imposed on the evaders.
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider's 'Main Hoon Shahruh Khan' receives praise09:46 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022