Real estate sector to be brought inside tax net
The fresh amendment will allow the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to estimate the value of properties in order to limit tax evasion.
The Board, which comprises income tax experts, bankers and chartered accountants, will serve as government’s helping hand in the matter.
Under the amendments, the real market value of immovable properties will be determined after valuations by the State Bank of Pakistan and be referred to the FBR Inland Revenue Department.
This is expected to bring black money into the tax net and allow for the imposition of high penalties on tax evaders under Section 192-A. The penalties can amount to 100 percent of the evaded tax and will be in addition to the additional tax imposed on the evaders.
- Pakistan jump to fourth place in ICC World Test Championship points ...04:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022