Something unexpected has been happening since the transgender marriage fatwa, says activist
Speaking to Daily Pakistan, transgender activist Saima Butt ecstatically revealed that she had been receiving marriage proposals on the phone ever since the decree was issued. Butt said she would get married once she received a good proposal.
Butt felt that since Pakistani society deferred to the judgment of clerics in other areas, it should also agree with their latest fatwa on transgender marriage.
Saima maintained that she would tie the knot with the man who could take care of her.
Another transgender Nirmal Chaudhary demanded more government jobs for the community and felt that transgenders should be appointed in Police as well as Army.
Here is the full video of Daily Pakistan interaction with the trangender community.
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Celebs lambast PIA over cabin crew's attire10:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022