Chaudhry Nisar jumps into 'jeep' for election race against PML-N
Returning Officer Shabrez Akhtar Raja allotted the ‘jeep’ as the electoral symbol as it was requested by the former interior minister.
Chaudhry Nisar, who was among the founding members of the PML-N, decided to take part in elections as an independent candidate after his differences widened with the party following the fomer prime minister Nawaz Sharif's anti-judiciary and establishment rant.
The estranged leader of PML-N will be contesting from constituencies NA-63, NA-59, PP-10 and PP-12. He has been taking part in elections as an independent candidate in the past for provincial assembly seats.
But, he is contesting elections for the National Assembly seat as an independent candidate for the first time since he joined the PML-N. In NA-59, he is being faced by PML-N candidate, Raja Qamarul Islam, who is in custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in the Saaf Pani case.
The general elections are set to be held on July 25. The election body will announce the final list of candidates contesting the upcoming general election on Saturday.
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 October 202108:43 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021