Imran Khan hits out at Sharifs in workers convention as election fever grips Pakistan
Addressing the workers convention in Islamabad, he formally launched election campaign of the party with a belief to win the polls.
He slammed the members of the Sharif family taking part in the general elections. He said that the economy of Pakistan is suffering due to inefficient policies of the PML-N and PPP.
He lamented that Pakistan's current debt has surged to sky-rocketing Rs27,000 billion due to the government of the PML-N.
When the cases are started against them, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and former president Asif Ali Zardari fleed the country, he said, adding that both Nawaz and Zardari will join hands during the elections.
Besides flats in London, new offshore properties owned by the Sharif family have surfaced, Khan said, adding that their children worked abroad and have nothing in Pakistan. He alleged that Sharif brothers minted money in the motorway project.
Criticising PML-N President and former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif, the cricketer-turned-politician asked, " Where he has built international-level universities and hospitals for the public". He claimed that son-in-law of Shehbaz Sharif ran abroad when the National Accountability Bureau launched investigations against him.
He also vowed to put the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) in order if its party makes government after the elections, adding that he would also double the tax collection by plugging the loopholes in the system.
He also made a resolve to strengthen the Federal Investigation Agency and NAB, which is under severe criticism from the PML-N after the corruption referenced filed in the light of the Panamagate verdict. "Will introduce a law that an elected person could not get the salary or work for a foreign firm," he vowed while hinting at former foreign minister Khawaja Asif's Iqama case.
Imran Khan said that reserved seats for women will be given after the elections within the party.
- FIA lodges case over threatening email sent to NZ team09:54 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 58 new deaths, 2,357 fresh Covid cases in 24 hours09:08 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 September 202108:43 AM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Results 2021: FBISE decides not to fail any student of Class 10, 1211:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021