Maryam Nawaz allotted ‘pencil’ symbol in NA-125 as independent candidate
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) allotted electoral symbols to candidates on Saturday.
Waheed Alam Khan of PML-N has been allotted the symbol of the lion from NA-125, the same constituency where Maryam will ask for a pencil vote, Geo news reported.
Maryam Nawaz, who is currently in London to attend her ailing mother along with her father Nawaz Sharif, has again come up to contest from PMLN’s stronghold of NA-125, honoring the wishes of party workers and people of the constituency.
Maryam expressed on Saturday that she will be right back among his constituents after the health of her mother Kulsoom Nawaz gets better.
Meanwhile, party sources said that Maryam Nawaz will also contest from the party platform from NA-127 on the electoral symbol of the lion.
Since her nomination papers cannot be withdrawn, the ECP allotted her a symbol from NA-125 as well.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has fielded Dr. Yasmeen Rashid from NA-125 against Maryam Nawaz.
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh defeat Oman in must-win game11:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Why was Yuvraj Singh arrested?11:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Indian man tells PM Modi to stop this ‘shameful act' immediately10:26 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021