Can Pakistan qualify for semis even if England beat India today?
LAHORE – Pakistan can still qualify for the knockout stage of the Cricket World Cup 2019 even after losing India in the hands of England today (Sunday).
In the semi-finals, scheduled to start from July 9, only three spots are still up for grabs and Pakistan, who won only one of their first six games, are suddenly in a position where winning their final two games may be enough to get them into the top four and a place in the semi-finals.
This is the permutation in the World Cup qualifying process, after Saturday & Sunday’s matches between Pakistan and Afghanistan, Australia and New Zealand, and India and England.
Here's a chart showing the race for the top 4th slot on the CWC 2019 Teams Rankings:
Pakistan will face Bangladesh at the Lord's on Friday (July 5).
Courtesy: @uaminhas (Mr. Mister Sir)
- Hamza Malik likely to be the next big thing, impresses yet again with ...12:35 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019