PM Imran forms first ever national youth council
According to media details, at least 33 prominent figures from sports, religion, academia, arts and culture, and economics have been made a part of the council.
Major Tanveer Shafi, a survivor of Operation Zarb-e-Azb, was appointed as the first member of the council. Mountaineer Samina Baig, who climbed K-2, and wheel-chair bound motivational speaker Muniba Mazari, Cricketer Hassan Ali and Sana Mir from women’s cricket are also appointed as the members of the council.
From entertainment, Hamza Ali Abbasi and Mahira Khan have been included in the council.
The council is aimed at increasing the participation of youth in the country’s decision making.
Prime Minister Imran Khan’s patron in chief Usman Dar will head the council.
- 'Joints for jabs': Activists distribute free marijuana to vaccinated ...02:59 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Irrfan Khan’s son Babil wishes to work with Amitabh Bachchan02:09 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021