PM Imran forms first ever national youth council
According to media details, at least 33 prominent figures from sports, religion, academia, arts and culture, and economics have been made a part of the council.
Major Tanveer Shafi, a survivor of Operation Zarb-e-Azb, was appointed as the first member of the council. Mountaineer Samina Baig, who climbed K-2, and wheel-chair bound motivational speaker Muniba Mazari, Cricketer Hassan Ali and Sana Mir from women’s cricket are also appointed as the members of the council.
From entertainment, Hamza Ali Abbasi and Mahira Khan have been included in the council.
The council is aimed at increasing the participation of youth in the country’s decision making.
Prime Minister Imran Khan’s patron in chief Usman Dar will head the council.
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab govt school students to get Rs3,000 stipend under Waseela ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Rawalpindi woman lands in jail for 5 years for hurling purse on ...10:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021