Trump, Xi agree to pause trade war during Group of 20 summit in Osaka
‘Trump’s concession to China’ came at a news conference following the Group of 20 summits in Osaka, Japan, after his talks with the country’s President Xi Jinping on Saturday.
In the recent development, the US president said that the US companies can sell their equipment to Huawei, adding that “We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.”
Earlier, the Commerce Department last month moved to blacklist Huawei by imposing a ban on Huawei Technologies from buying US goods, a major escalation in the trade war between the world’s two top economies, though many companies have managed to skirt the restrictions.
Trump said that the two leaders discussed Huawei as part of their talks.
He said that “I said that’s O.K., that we will keep selling that product, these are American companies that make these products. That’s very complex, by the way”.
The US president further stated that “I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product so that American companies will continue.”
The US had alleged the Chinese government could use Huawei’s products to spy on countries that use them in their networks, thus terming the company a security threat, blacklisted the company and had been engaged in a global campaign to block Huawei from so-called 5G communications networks.
on the other hand, the Huawei company denied the allegations that it conducts espionage for Beijing.
- APC flimsy attempt to put pressure on govt: Shibli04:01 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Police arrests over 30 demonstrators during protest against COVID-19 ...01:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020