Turkish PM Binali Yildirim wins vote of confidence in parliament
Yildirim, a close ally of President Tayyip Erdogan and a co-founder of the ruling AK Party, was made prime minister after election as the new leader of the AK Party at a party congress.
Yildirim's appointment marks another step in Erdogan's plan to create a full presidential system in Turkey.
Yildirim replaces Ahmet Davutoglu, who said he was stepping down after the deepening of a long-standing rift with Erdogan.
- No Pakistani bowler, all-rounder among top players in latest ICC test ...09:34 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Petroleum prices will remain the same in March, confirms Finance ...08:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Myanmar military fires UN ambassador after anti-coup speech amid 7 ...07:21 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 6, Match 11, Karachi Kings set 187-run target for Lahore ...06:58 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Abdul Sattar Edhi remembered on 93rd birth anniversary06:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021