FIA gets ‘police-like’ powers in Pakistan
According to a notification issued today, an office of the agency’s counter-terrorism wing has been upgraded to a police station in the federal capital, Geo News reported.
This wing would now be able to lodge and investigate terrorism and cybercrime related cases. The scope of the FIA’s counter-terrorism wing has been widened to the whole country.
According to the new powers delegated through an amendment in the Protection of Pakistan Act 2014, FIA would be able to hold anyone in its custody for 90 days.
How the provincial governments, specially the one in Sindh would react to the development is still to be seen as it has already expressed its strong reservations on raids and arrests recently made by the FIA in the province.
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021