Lawyers stage protest against encroachment in Shakargarh
The protesters said that former Assistant Commissioner Umra Khan launched an operation against encroachments and demolished all shops and Rickshaw stands. But all the shops and Rickshaw stands had illegally been constructed with the help of Tehsil administration and traffic police, they added.
“Encroachments by auto-workshop owners on Noorkot Road have not only created traffic gridlocks but are also security threats,” the lawyers said and added that Tehsil administration and traffic police had failed to clear the main roads of the city.
Shakargarh Bar Council General Secretary Iram Jawad said that a petition had filed in the court against Tehsil administration, traffic police and local police. He said the Punjab government had directed all departments concerned to ensure foolproof security at bar councils, but local administration was not giving due attention toward the matter despite many requests.
He said if any untoward incident accrued local police and administration would be responsible.
- ‘Tragic Mistake’ – US acknowledges Kabul drone strike ...09:58 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021