PEMRA issues notice to Jaag TV over sacking of reporter
The PEMRA has asked the Jaag TV to file a reply by Sept 6.
The notification stated that one reporter of the channel Muhamamd Naeem has complained that he was intimidated and forced to tender his resignation which was against the law.
The notification stated that under PEMRA Act 2002 amended in 2007 section 26 (3-A), the PEMRA can summon any of its license holders in issues referred to operational matters especially if the job of a person in question.
The Jag TV management has been moved over six days to file a response, otherwise one-sided action will be brought against the management.
- New Zealand PM asked Pakistan’s Imran Khan to postpone cricket ...09:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- ‘Hidden hands’ got New Zealand cricket team’s Pakistan tour ...09:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Bus Art Exhibit on Australia-Pakistan culture hits the road09:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PITB to automate Punjab Journalists Housing Foundation: Agreement ...08:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021